Help for external examiners


To become an external examiner in the corps, you must get in contact with a relevant educational institution and a teacher there who might want to use you as an external examiner. The teacher in question must then invite you as an external examiner candidate. This is done via CensorNet. 

It is important to point out that, as an appointed external examiner, you can be used by all engineering educational institutions if you fulfil the qualifications. Thus, it is not only the educational institution that has invited you who can use you as an external examiner. However, external examiners must not be employed or have been employed within the last 2 years at the university or other educational institution where they must act as external examiner.

Invitation to become an external examiner in the corps
Here you can find information about the process if you receive an invitation to become an external examiner.

Login to CensorNet 
Login to CensorNet is done using the NemID log-in.

You go to the website of 'The Public Login Community - NEMLOG-IN'. After entering your user ID and password for NemID, you are redirected to a WAYF page. WAYF (Where Are You From) is a common university system that universities are expected to use, for example, in connection with the implementation of NemID. The reason that it says that you log on to DTU's NemLog-in service is that DTU is 'hosting' CensorNet, and the purpose is to give access to CensorNet. 

It is without risk to accept that one's CPR no. is sent. You have already entered your CPR no. in CensorNet, when you accepted the invitation to become a censor. CPR no. is simply sent into a system in encrypted form and speaks to another system (CensorNet). The CPR no. is therefore not in human hands. 

When you click "Yes, I accept, save consent", you get access to CensorNet.

Feedback form
According to the Examination Orders, the external examiner must, after the examination, submit a report on the examination process to the educational institution and the chairmanship. This is done via a feedback form on CensorNet. The form is on the external examiners own page when he/she logs on CensorNet.

It is also important for the external examiner to complete a feedback form, as the charimanship, in connection with a new four-year term, use these forms to check whether the external examiner has been used during the previous term. 

If there is no feedback form on CensorNet to fill out, the external examiner must notify the educational institution that held the exam. The institution will then be able to register the censor for the relevant exam, after which the form will appear on the censor's qwn page on CensorNet. However, this is usually not possible at DTU, where the examiner cannot be registered once the exam in question has taken place and a grade has been reported.